Indian Institute of Social Welfare & Business Management is India's first ever B-school. The precious journey of the Institute commenced on April 25, 1953 when it was formed by a resolution of the Syndicate of the University of Calcutta. The auspicious moment of fifty years of its existence arrived on April 25, 2003 and remains as a landmark in the history of the Institute. During the initial years, the Institute was referred to as All India Institute of Social Welfare and Business Management and in the year 1958 the name IISWBM was incorporated. This esteemed Institute initiated the first programme of management education in India. The Golden Jubilee Celebrations of IISWBM heralds the legacy of the treasured 50 years which is full of unforgettable moments. The fifty years of management education in India epitomises the prestigious presence of IISWBM. The Institute is located in the historic College Square area, which is steeped in the legacy of the yesteryears. The prevalence of heritage buildings like University of Calcutta, Presidency College, Calcutta Medical College and All India Institute of Hygiene and Public Health surrounding IISWBM enhances its academic ambience. The Institute building comprises two blocks. The foundation stones of both buildings were laid by Pandit Jawaharlal Nehru, the then Prime Minister of India and Dr. B. C. Roy, Chief Minister of West Bengal.
No Knowledge has been posted