|Topic : Productivity Improvement in Production & Manufacturing||
By : Isha Verma, Sales/BD Manager, Larsen & Toubro
Activity: 16 comments 5793 views last activity : 07 06 2010 20:18:04 +0000
10 ways to improve manufacturing productivity
I think manufacturing performance and production analysis improves productivity with full production machine data collection systems.
Maximizing productivity is a never-ending task for most freelancers. There’s always some way that we can improve or some area that’s lacking the attention it deserves. This post serves as a guide and a reminder for ways that we can get more done and make better use of our time.Here I have discussed 10 ways to improve manufacturing productivity
1) Analyze causes for downtime and rejects: Record and analyze machine downtime and reject events to minimize interruptions and poor productivity.
2) Monitor machines in real time:Detect problems before productivity and quality suffers: see real-time displays of efficiency, utilization, OEE, yield, rate, cycle time.
3) Automate production reporting:Implement automated production data collection and reporting from ALL types of production machines. Print standard and custom reports automatically and export data to Excel, 1-2-3 or your Enterprise systems.
4) Automate production scheduling, job tracking:Reduce time-consuming manual production scheduling and job tracking chores to just a few clicks of a mouse.
5) Schedule P.M. based on actual machine/tool use:Don't wait for your machinery to break or produce scrap before you perform maintenance. Instead, be proactive: schedule Preventive Maintenance based on actual machine/tool/component usage: run hours and cycle count.
6) Analyze manufacturing process variable performance:Monitor temperature, pressure, cushion, shot size, stroke, shut height, tonnage, inject/fill/hold time, etc. Chart as X bar and R or export it to SQC/SPC applications.
7) Implement OEE/ISO/Continuous Improvement programs:Develop real-world production standards to make your job costing accurate. Implement activity based costing, Continuous Improvement and OEE programs.
8) Manufacturing data collection for ERP, MES, CMMS systems:
Close the loop with your Enterprise systems: Automatically download production schedules into System's Job Queue, then upload production/performance/productivity and usage data at Shift and Job end.
9) Export cycle counts and run time to CMMS systems. Eliminate manual "meter" reading and data collection: ProductionACE can export actual runtime and cycle counts to any third-party CMMS/EAM software during the production shift: cycle counts and runtime "meters" are updated in a real-time file.
10) Read and Print Bar Code labels at each machine as parts are made: Printed labels can contain your choice of information such as Product Description, Work Order #, Operator Name, Date/Time, Lot Number, etc.
- Create a confidential Career Profile and Resume/C.V. online
- Get advice for planning their career and for marketing of experience and skills
- Maximize awareness of and access to the best career opportunities
If I say this people would not like my opinion but the fact is a fact. Mr. Guruprasad I would also like to know your opinion about the same. Why have you posted on the REVOLUTION side?
" Although feminism speaks the language of liberation, self-fulfillment, options, and the removal of barriers, these phrases invariably mean their opposites and disguise an agenda at variance with the ideals of a free society." - Michael Levin...
It is important to spread awareness and media can play a good role in it. But the sides which you have mentioned do not justify the debate. I understand that you are concerned about the safety measures and want people to take it seriously. I suggest...