By : Amit Ranjan, Manager HR & Operation, Legal, One of the Largest Paper Manufacturing Organization in India
Activity: 2 comments 1439 views last activity : 07 06 2010 20:18:04 +0000
Latest trend of HR
In each area of HRM, there is at least one new contribution everyday.
Some of the recent trends followed in India are:
1. Competency Mapping
2. Six sigma
However it all depends on the need of the organization what to use or not to use. Thus be clear on what exactly you are looking for or at least the area.
HR has to play a vital role in today’s competitive age. Company's who are employee focus are able to retain the staff.
Involvement of employees in decisions, asking for their views, suggestions, keeping a continuous and close touch with them is kept on priority by many multinationals.
Appreciation and recognization for their outstanding contribution boots the morale of the employee.
There are many more things apart from this :
Organizational Growth & Strategic Human Resource Management
Organizational excellence through Leadership
Impact of Mergers & Acquisitions on Human Resources
HRD in Cross-Cultural Environment
Building High Performance Culture
Outsourcing – Redefining Jobs and Work
Work-Life Balance in 24*7 Environment
1.GLOBALIZATION OF BUSINESS.
Creating a global mind-set within the HR group, creating practices that will be consistently applied in different locations/offices while also maintaining the various
local cultures and practices, and communicating a consistent corporate culture across the entire organization.
2. BUSINESS ALIGNMENT
considering the HR functions not as just an administrative service but as a strategic business partner. Companies are involving the human resources department in developing and implementing both business and people strategies.
3. MOBILE CULTURE
Communicate to all locations about a common corporate culture. Allow local cultures to maintain their identity in the context of the corporate culture. Establish common systems (e.g., accounting, marketing, MIS). Provide management with education outlining
how the company does business. Create an organizational mission with input from all locations. Create a written strategy outlining the corporate culture.
4.NEW TECHNOLOGY IMPACT ON SKILLS REQUIREMENTS
• Skills in identifying new applications of technologies
• Skills in developing new technologies, or advancing existing technologies
• Skills in identifying technological solutions to problems
• Skills in operating new tools or equipment, or applying new methods/processes
• Skills in applying new processes or tools to existing work
• Skills in installing and maintaining new products, and
• Skills in manufacturing new products.
5.BUSINESS INNOVATION DEMAND ON MANAGMENT
• Skills in identifying which innovation outcomes are appropriate for commercialization
• Skills in knowing when and how to market a new product, tool or process (or other innovation outcome) successfully
• Skills in securing intellectual property rights over innovation outcomes
• Skills in setting up efficient manufacturing processes for new products
• Skills in negotiating appropriate training provision with education and training providers
6.DEMAND FOR INNOVATION THROUGH TRAINING/DEVELOPMENT :
Building an educated and highly skilled workforce.
*Becoming a leader in knowledge creation and innovation.
*Developing linkages clusters and networks to become a more integrated and networked local economy.
*Fostering high levels of enterprise formation and business growth.
*Becoming a globally focused and internationally integrated economy.
7. IT TECHNOLOGY DEVELOPMENT.
More systems / more software for the business mean different methods of working, which affect the working human resources. HRM have to face / meet/ manage the human resources to deliver the results.
8. OUTSOURCING OPPORTUNITIES
The demand for cheaper labor forced the companies to seek more destinations in the underdeveloped countries. This created an enormous challenge to the HRM
to seek/develop/manage overseas HR.
9. DEVELOPING ECONOMIES GROWTH RATE -MAJOR ECONOMIC REFORMS
The rapid development of underdeveloped countries forced many companies to shift their production base overseas. This created an enormous challenge to the HRM to seek/develop/manage overseas HR.
- Create a confidential Career Profile and Resume/C.V. online
- Get advice for planning their career and for marketing of experience and skills
- Maximize awareness of and access to the best career opportunities
HAVE. No FEAR. If you were afraid of nothing, what goals would you set? What could you accomplish? What would you do if nothing scared you or made you nervous? Fear stops success. For example, a woman who wants to get married, but she is afraid...
The one to be Blamed..... A Boy was born to a couple after eleven years of marriage. They were a loving couple and the boy was the gem of their eyes. When the boy was around two years old, one morning the husband saw a medicine bottle open. He...
After years of experience in job and feedbacks from friends in other industry led to following list of things that we should have known and should know when we start our career. Just add your thoughts on the same to make the list comprehensive...