Asked by : Naimish , Construction-Heavy, Gourav Engineers
Industry : Construction
Functional Area : India
Activity: Question posted: 05 15 2008 22:28:14 +0000, 10 answers, 4050 views, last activity 03 24 2012 11:19:35 +0000
Assume that machineries required for it are your own.
I) take out the excavation plan
2)check mainly the levels through contour survey
3)add extra 1.5 mtr alround to have the working space.
4)devide the depth of excavation to have the offset projection of 600mm for every 1.6 mtrs
5) Engage the type of the excavating machine for excavation
6)calculate the efficiency of the machine interms of qty excavated against time
7)list out the per day consumption of consumables of the machine.
8)list out the man power consumption of the machine,
9) Now you have the cost required for the consumables and manpower per day.(8 hrs)
10)find out the hiring charges for the machine without item no.7 and 8.
Mr Naimish,The objective in developing rate analysis should be to arrive at a figure that, as nearly as possible, represents the cost of the work done under the operating conditions encountered and the accounting system in use.
In the present scenario,you need to work out operating cost.though you can not exclude expenses chargable to machine.ie, cost of machine,capital recovery factor.Interest to capital,life cycle of machine,expenditure on IOH,POH and expenditure on annual machine maintenance and of course, labour/08 hrs. This apart, you must ascertain the estimated quntum of work. Aggregating total expenditure and devide by the approximate quantity to be excavated will lead you estimated rate per cubic meter.
Hope, it will help you to brush up your knowledge.
Excavation in Soil using Mechanical means of construction
- Calculation of Quantity – Requires Excavation Plan, provisions as per IS 1200,Use Average end area Method or Grid square Method, Need contour plan of NGL
- Rate consists of (1) Labour (2) Machinery (3) Material (4) )Overheads and Profit
Before starting rate analysis, Fix & finalise – Labour, Material, Machinery based on Method of Excavation, Dewatering provisions, shoring and bracing provisions, if required.
Rate Analysis: (Mechanical Means in Normal Soil): A case
Step_1 : Assume a out put app. 360 m3
Step-2: Take Manpower Factors i.e. Labour & Supervisor (Mechanical excavation, a supervisor supervises 5000 m3 / day, labour 200 m3/day) and Current rates of Manpower.
Step-3: take per hour rates of Machinery with Fuel and maintenance (outsourcing) OR Work out the rates of machinery as capital purchase - Owning cost, Major/minor maintenance cost, Fuel, oil & Lubricants, Operators cost, depreciation.
Step-4: Work out / Fix efficiencies of Machineries- Hydraulic excavator 0.9 cum bucket capacity, Tipper 5.5 cum capacity etc.
Step-5 :Work out cost of Manpower +Material (Zero) +Machinery
Step-6: take provisions for Dewatering, shoring and bracing , as required.
Step-7 : Take Overhead Charges @ 6-10% ot total of Step-6
Step-8 : Add Profit etc. @ 10-12%
Step-9 Total it and divide by 360, you get Excavation rate / m3.
Step-10: Disposal…………….later on if required.
Note: For Rate Analysis, you do not require Quantity to be calculated only Method / Planning of Excavation.
I have read some answers above & most of them mentioned the general analysis but one major factor is not mentioned that the productive or the quantity that can be excavated will also depend of the site conditions i.e type of soil, very important the arrangements/ facilities for disposal of excavated material, as this will effect the productive of work & depends on the site conditions.
1. CALCULATE THE QUANTITY OF EXCAVATION TO BE DONE
2. FINALISE THE EQUIPMENTS TO BE USED
3. CALCULATE THE PRODUCTIVITY OF EQUIPMENTS CONSIDERING THE CYCLE TIME
4. FIND OUT THE FUEL CONSUMPTION AND SPARES NORMS
5. CALCULATE THE TOTAL WORKING HRS REQUIRED AS PER PRODUCTIVITY
6. CALCULATE THE MANPWER COST PER HR
7. FIND OUT THE OWNING COST OF EQUIPMENT AND CALCULATE THE DEPRECIATION AMOUNT PER YEAR.
8. TOTAL COST / QUANTITY = COST/CUM
- Create a confidential Career Profile and Resume/C.V. online
- Get advice for planning their career and for marketing of experience and skills
- Maximize awareness of and access to the best career opportunities
There are various ways to control it. 1. By Providing wather shed in such manner to avoid direct sun light over the windows. 2. By means of Plantation for G+1 buildings , shadow of the trees should cover the window. 3. By using Insulated double...
E - voting may can help us to increase the voting percentage, Beacause lots of peoples are working far away from their home due to business purpose or due to their job. It has been seen that lots of educated highly educated peoples are not like to got...
We want a good CEO for PM post. Rahul has still lots to do to become a CEO. He is not the deserving candidate , he needs more experiance he should progress step by step . Only Gandhi family's surname is not inough to run a country it should be not a...