I would appreciate if you can help me out by providing your ideas and sharing your knowledge in HR field.In my current company, apart from my work I need to take care of the HR part also and I m totally a fresher to it.But I am very interested and would love to become a good HR. Here I have the opportunity to build my career in this field and for that I need your help so that I can improve and enhance my knowledge and skills. And too step is the best platform for this. Presently I am searching resumes from the different job portals for the open positions.But apart from this would need to learn more. Please help and share your knowledge or you can also mail me at email@example.com. Thanks in advance!!!
Now a days, HR field is became very important and lot of thing require before recruitment and after recruitment.
Only recruitment is not important for any HR person. But how to retain employees , how to give satisfaction etc which are mos important. And your major responsibilities will start after recruitment.
There are lot of points but, i will share here by, some important points, that require to keep in mind:-
(1) You should require to Evaluate and analysis of candidate. To check candidate by all ways, all angel like behavior, attitude, skill, talent, practical knowledge, strength, weakness, enthusiasm towards job profile, involvement, level of initiative, communication skill.
(2) Identify right candidate:- Very difficult to find or identify right candidate. Because Some candidates are talking very smart, big, like candidate talking confidently." Yes sir, i will achieve target, i m hard worker, i have confident, i can able to sale any product, i am not doing any false, i want to job long term, if i will get opportunity, i will not leave, i will give you result etc..."
So, sometimes they are just talking and when actual they are doing job..they are unable to give result, achieve target, change in behavior, false reporting, false work, jump in other job etc...
Therefore, Evaluation And Identification are most important and always keep in mind while recruitment. We know very well, candidates can do anything for getting jobs..they telling lie..wrong commitment, impressing to interviewer....etc. These both are main point which includes lot of thing.
Assume, candidate recruit finally. Now, How to retain good candidate which most important duty for HR person. it includes, to provide motivation, create refreshing working atmosphere in organization, entertainment, organize management activities, performance rewards, promotion on regular interval, Always be close with employees so, employees feel satisfaction , transperant communication, freely behavior etc..
All these things will help to retain employees. Once good employees will recruit , then maintain is most important. Because, to find good candidate very difficult. Every organization want good candidate, therefore very difficult task.
You will know many thing automatically while you will face various kinds of candidate bad/good. People are always learn from experienced. So, get more experienced, and learn more... you will become good HR.
All the best....
In addition to the excellent advice already given here, I'd like to add a few things that, as a fresher, you might like to know.
1. Always make sure you read each profile carefully.
2. Try to analyse the profile in depth. Look for patterns, odd things.
3. Use your common sense and try to cross check with more than one person. As with any process, the best approach is to listen and observe carefully. What is the reaction to the candidate profile by the different parties - colleagues from HR and the target department?
4. Don't get carried away by the look of a resume. There are many resume writing services which are practically churning out good looking resumes.
5. However, that said, for example, if a job requires knowledge of MS Office, whether or not the candidate really has knowledge of MS Office, the resume MUST look neat with less than 5 spelling and grammar errors put together. The reasoning is that, a candidate, who does not even know how to write a resume neatly with less than 5 grammar and spelling errors, will not be useful to the organization in a position which requires knowledge of MS Office.
6. If you are doing the screening interview, make sure that - for each candidate - you write down questions to ask. However, here's a warning: As time goes by, you'll get used to asking the usual questions and you might be tempted to stop analyzing and making notes beforehand.
7. Make sure that you keep these notes CONFIDENTIAL but make sure you keep them. Even in the worst case scenario where you lose ALL your data files, these handwritten notes are very useful. You see, when comes annual review time, all bosses tend to "forget" all the work that you have done. You can remind them very easily if you have your handwritten notes on hand. Such notes have helped me many times.
ALL THE BEST!
As a recruiter, you must know the requirement of the organisation i.e. the profile of the job for which you are going to hire someone. Accordingly the profiles of the candidates have to be searched. The problem arises once again here. The criteria of the selection has to be pre-planned. If you are going to recruit a fresher, information has to be disseminated among the notable colleges of the area. If you are looking for an experienced candidate this has to be advertised directly or you can take the help of the job sites. Detailed job specifications has to be designed and advertised. "Right person for a Right job" shall be your moto. HRs are said to belong to the most adamant class of people. Rejection is not your objective but the selection. Rejection is one among the process in the selection. Percentage barring is only screening process. If you find a right person having rich experience and domain knowledge and fails to meet your bench mark % of marks, you can be flexible enough. You being a recruiter must have the ability to assess the personalities at first sight. If not you can take the help of a psychologist. The culture of the organisation flows through the HR people. Upheld the culture of the organisation. All the best.
You must find out from the management, what exactly they are looking for in a candidate. You can visit Naukri.com. On the left, down corner there is an option for recruiters to view some of the profiles. Check each profile, talk to them over phone, find out whether their profile suits your company's requirement and shortlist them. Show the shortlisted resumes to your boss and call according to his wishes.
We wanted a Front Office Incharge-cum-HR Executive. I followed the same method and the results are excellent !! Go ahead, may god bless you !!
HR must dwell job specific requirement.Once this done,the detailed out line or profile of an candidate must be drawn.Taking this profile,discuss with head of department or concern department.You are now ready for selection. Please insert advertisement in all important media and to internal notification. In advertisement, briefly mention the company profile as well.This is essential to attract the right and suitable candidates
Thanks,Virag for referral.
- Create a confidential Career Profile and Resume/C.V. online
- Get advice for planning their career and for marketing of experience and skills
- Maximize awareness of and access to the best career opportunities
Yes damn true ....:)
Non of them work, it just to change the taste of the milk because children don't drink milk until some flavour is added into it.
Thanks Pragati for sharing this cz I wear lenses so now i will be more careful as I was not aware that this cud happen. Thanks once again it is very informative......